I am proud to be nominated for the first James Herbert Award.
- M.R. Carey, THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS (Orbit)
- Nick Cutter, THE TROOP (Headline)
- Frances Hardinge, CUCKOO SONG (Macmillan)
- Andrew Michael Hurley, THE LONEY (Tartarus Press)
- Josh Malerman, BIRD BOX (Harper Voyager)
- Kim Newman, AN ENGLISH GHOST STORY (Titan Books)
Last April, in conjunction with the James Herbert estate, Pan Macmillan announced the inaugural year of the James Herbert Award to find the best of the new generation of horror writers being published today.
The Serendip foundation, who also run the Arthur C. Clarke award, oversaw the award process and a judging committee of horror enthusiasts was pulled together to read and assess the submitted novels.
The award was open to horror novels written in English and published in the UK and Ireland between 1st January 2014 and 31st December 2014.