On blastr.com Kim explains the ‘10 vampire novels that helped inspire Anno Dracula‘.
Here’s the list:
- The Vampyre, Dr John Polidori (1819)
- ‘Carmilla’ (in In a Glass Darkly), J. Sheridan LeFanu (1871)
- Dracula, Bram Stoker (1897)
- I Am Legend, Richard Matheson (1954)
- Doctors Wear Scarlet, Simon Raven (1960)
- ‘Salem’s Lot, Stephen King (1975)
- Interview With the Vampire, Anne Rice (1976)
- The Vampire Tapestry, Suzy McKee Charnas (1980)
- Fevre Dream, George R.R. Martin (1982)
- The Empire of Fear, Brian Stableford (1988)
There is a full discussion of these books’ influence on his work in the article.